In 2021 it is 150 years since the Geological Society of Sweden was founded. We will commemorate this by organising an anniversary meeting to be held in Uppsala 17–19 August 2021. Our ambition is to organise a meeting that will be of interest to all geoscientist that are active in Sweden or that have an interest in various aspects of Swedish geoscience. Thus, we ask you to mark the dates in your calendar already now.
We are aware of the current pandemic, and the fact that we at this stage do not know how it will affect us in the coming year. However, we think that you all, like ourselves in the organizing committee are hoping and longing for a physical geoscientific meeting in Sweden.
- September 2020 – First circular with general information. and ”save the dates”.
- December 2020 – Second circular will be distributed with more information on registration costs and abstract submission.
- April 2021 – Deadline for abstract submission.
- July 2021 – Deadline for registration.
- August 17–19, 2021 – Meeting takes place in Uppsala.
The meeting will be held at the Department of Earth Sciences, Uppsala University and the Geological Survey of Sweden, both located at Villavägen in Uppsala, close to the city centre.
August 17 – Icebreaker at 18.00
August 18 – Meeting 08.30–17.30, conference dinner at 19.00
August 19 – Meeting 08.30–17.30, meeting ends
1. 3 billion years of geological evolution. The build-up of Sweden
2. Geology and society
4. 150 years anniversary – the evolution of geoscience through time
1. Applied geosciences
2. Economic geology
3. Environmental geosciences
6. Geochronology and isotope geology
8. Marine geosciences
9. Sedimentology & palaeontology
10. Petrology and mineralogy
11. Quaternary geology and sedimentology
12. Structural geology and tectonics
Further information will appear on this web site. If you have questions, direct them to email@example.com
Therese Bejgarn (local organizer SGU)
Karin Högdahl (local organizer Uppsala University)
Hannes Mattsson (local organizer Uppsala University)
Katarina Persson Nilsson